Friday, August 20, 2010

If only I had known...

I just spent half an hour going through baby clothes.

From when my baby was this big.

And I reminisced....

There were so many things I didn't know.

I didn't know that I needed to put a onesie on my child under everything he wore.

I didn't know to pack socks in his hospital bag.

I didn't know that he would go from that to this


practically overnight.  

I had no idea what I was doing.

So I thought I would share somethings that I wish I would have known.

1.  Breastfeeding is not nearly as painful as a clogged milk duct.  PERIOD.

2.  Labor is not nearly as painful as a clogged milk duct.  

3.  Sleepers with zippers are your best friend as a new mommy.  

4.  A DVR is a must have for any maternity leave.  Otherwise you will spend way too many hours watching Game Show Network and HGTV.

5.  Babywise is a LIFESAVER.  This coming from a mommy whose baby has slept through the night since he was 3 months old.  Almost every single night.  

6.  In-home daycares are where it's at.  

7.  The baby gowns aren't really as neat as you think they are.  They usually just end up twisted up around your baby's belly.  GRRRR.

8.  A pack n play that comes with a Newborn Napper beats a bassinet any day of the week.  

9.  The whole world saw your hoo-ha while you delivered, the whole world will probably see your breast while breast feeding and they don't care.  Even if you do.

10.  Breastfeeding is HARD work.  I didn't like it.  I didn't enjoy it.  I felt trapped.  Maybe I am a crappy mother for it.  But I did it for 8 weeks until I went back to work and then I thanked Jesus for the bottle.  I have never felt so liberated in all my life.

11.  I may have said this a time or 2, but losing the baby weight takes FOR.EVER.  

12.  It goes so fast.  There's nothing in the whole wide world that makes you want another baby more than packing up those new born clothes that you brought your baby home from the hospital in.  

That's right, I said it.  Doesn't mean I have to act on it.  

Now, what did I do with those birth control pills....

No comments: