The layout is a little something like this:
Where the minor street would be the street into my development.
And in order to get anywhere on the major street, I have to make U-turns. Daily U-turns.
Do you know how to make a U-turn properly?
I will admit that I didn't. I had been the queen of u-turn idiots for years.
And then someone showed me how it should be done and explained to me why.
When approaching a u-turn intersection, did you know you are supposed to move through your u-turn on the far side as opposed to the inside of the turn?
(You would follow the red line in this diagram. The green line would be acceptable ONLY if no other cars are in the intersection)
Let me give you a scenario of what happens when you try to follow the green line when another car is in the intersection.
The other car cannot see the traffic coming behind you. Therefore, if the other driver happens to be a crazy, curly-haired red-head you may experience some of the following experiences.
1. Random horn-honking and what you can only determine to be cat-calls from said other driver.
2. Very unladylike displays of frustration that you clearly will not understand.
3. Other driver may position their vehicle directly in front of yours so that you cannot move.
4. Other driver may ram your vehicle with hers, if she is in a bad enough mood.
5. Other driver may park her vehicle, walk over to yours, and explain to you the CORRECT way to accomplish a u-turn.
Consider yourself educated.
Have a happy day!