Monday, January 10, 2011

The Best Laid Plans

I am a total planner.

As in, I make plans in my head weeks ahead of time.

And then start to forewarn people around of said plans as the date approaches.

And then things happen.

For instance.

(Long story alert!!!)

You know, I am new to this whole running outdoors thing, right?

So remember back when I declared my New Year's Resolution?


And I talked about running a 10k?

Turns out there are ZERO 10k's scheduled between now and quote the time to try for baby number 2 end quote.

BUMM dot ER

However, there is a 5 miler scheduled in my time frame.

Oh, and a half marathon.

But considering the fact that I want to be able to TRY to get preggers without having to worry about my flow being all helter skelter from running too much.

The 5 miler it is.

And as luck would have it, I convinced these lovely ladies into joining it with me.


Let this be a warning to you all....

I like to find INTERESTING pictures of my friends and post them on my blog....

Anyway, I convinced, they bit, we signed up.

And then the training began.

NOT.

You see the training was set to begin.

On Saturday.

But on Saturday morning, my house looked like this.


Which, of course, means this.


And then yesterday, the wind was gusting up to 30 mph with temps in the high 20's and low 30's.  I couldn't do that to myself.

So today, I check the weather, only to find that another snow storm is headed our way.

And I did what any dedicated runner would do.

I packed my bag in preparation for running on my lunch break.

Only to get a call at 11 am this morning from my day care lady that the kiddo is running a fever of 101.

In case you haven't quite figured out the end of the story, that also means:


That being said, if you see some crazy person running in her snow boots around your neighborhood, do not be alarmed....

It's just me.

Training.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Good girl (about running in your boots)! Sad day about the bad luck for the running in the winter...

Btw...thanks for the great pic of me ;)