Friday, December 31, 2010

What?! It's the last day of the year?!

In honor of tomorrow being the first day of the rest of my life...wait, I think that's another speech....

Anyway, in honor of the new year that is only 6.5 hrs away, I am officially posting my New Year's Resolution....

Come on, at least try to be excited....

This is major gossip worthy resolution stuff I am prepping to dish....

I like ellipses....

ALOT....

Ok, ok, enough with the nonsense.

On to the resolutions!

1. Lose 17 lbs by March 1.

Note: this would have been 12 lbs, but for the 5 lbs I have put on in the past week of Christmas/birthday/weddingness...

Yes, I have failed.

Fallen off of my own pedestal.

Let me tell you, that's not easy, but I managed to do it.

2. Run a 10k.

Preferably within the same time frame.

Preferably one without hills.

Preferably not alone.

Preferably with an average 10 min. Mile or less....

Lots of training to do....

(did I mention that I really like ellipses?)

3. Sell our land in Virginia.

Because my parents bought bigger land.

And want to give me some.

Also known as, free land is better than land I am paying for.

Which leads me to number 4....

4. Start working on baby #2.

Because we can't afford baby #2, without selling our land....

Because baby number 1 is going to be severely spoiled if we don't add another one to the mix SOON.

Because I have SO much free time that obviously needs to be eaten up with another baby.

Because a dear friend warned me that if I don't add in another baby, my child will continually complain to me about having no one to play with.

And because if I have 2 kids I stand a better chance of having one of them love me enough take care of me when I am old.

So yeah, that pretty much sums it up my New Year's Resolution in a nut shell.

Stay tuned...I am hoping to post my 2010 recap along with a wedding/Christmas/birthday recap post soon.

I know, don't you hate cliff hangers?

3 comments:

Cortney said...

Those sound like really good resolutions. I was actually thinking about you (your blog) earlier today...I grabbed my camera and head into the powder room to take a picture of the scale with my naked feet on it as part of a resolution thingy. However, upon stepping on the sale I realized that the scale which is less than 2 months old is now broken. So I guess a weight loss goal is not in my future...I'm taking it as a sign from God...or the product manufacturer. Either way, it's one less resolution I have to be accountable for now.

Happy New Year and good luck with baby #2. I'm hoping by the end of 2011 that we'll find ourselves ready to try for baby #1.

Roberta said...

Well Leah I think we all fell off the wagon this holiday...my excuse right now is this darn cold I've had for the last week...ya know the ole "feed a cold, starve a fever"...well I've got no fever...lol You'll make your goal weight, I'm sure of it....just in time to start over with baby #2 ;) Best wishes for a Happy New Year. Fondly, Roberta

Kait said...

YAY Baby # 2 (Connor is so cute, it would be completely ridiculous if you didn't make another one!)! I think we all fell off the wagon with the cookie filled holidays! Good luck with the 10k, I know you'll do amazing, since you excel at whatever you put your mind to! :)