Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Last {Outdoor} Run of the Year

That's right.

I said it.

Unless or until I can convince someone else to run with me, yesterday was my last outdoor run of the year.

And, being the nostalgic nuts we are, we decided to take a pic....


And, as Bonnie said on Facebook, "Please note the yellow caution tape fluttering in the background due to the gale-force winds."

I kid you not when I say that every single lunch run for the last 5 or 6 weeks that we have been doing it has been the windiest days of the week. 

The first mile of our run was ok yesterday.

But as soon as we hit the 1 mile marker, the wind hit you like a ton of bricks.

I seriously lost almost 50 seconds a mile for the last 1.6 of my run due to the wind.  Otherwise, this would have been my best speed ever. 

As it was, I still managed to keep pace with last week's run which was 10:06/mile.  Literally, the exact same pace.

That being said, I am really going to miss these lunch runs. 

Part of me is really scared that I will let myself slip back....

Especially since we all know the current crappy condition of my treadmill....

I wonder how much I would have to pay someone to be willing to run in the wind and cold with me for the next few weeks?

Hmmmm.

Something tells me more than I have....

Especially considering the fact that Al Roker keeps talking about this stuff....


Santa, if you are listening, I would really appreciate a non-possessed treadmill in my stocking this year....

No comments: