Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Honest Opinion/AKA The Confessions of a Chapstick Addict

My Honest Opinion this week is simple.

In a nutshell:  Lipstick is for the birds.

Ok, so maybe not birds. 

Beaks kinda get in the way of lipstick...

But lipstick is most definitely not for me.

I am strictly a chapstick kinda girl.

Among my reasons for not wearing lipstick is my distinct opinion that lipstick looks unnatural in almost all cases.

And I am very much the "make it look natural" kinda girl.

Well, in all cases except for those involving padded bras and spanx. 

And maybe spray tans for a summer wedding.

But not Snooki spray tan. 

Like Jennifer Aniston spray tan.

You get my drift, right???

What I am trying to say is...

I am not the girl who wears gobs of makeup.

I try not to cake on the eyeliner/mascara.

And I certainly don't want my lips to take on the unnatural hue of anything other than the color that lips should be.

Please know, if you are a lipstick wearer, I will not judge you. 

As a matter of fact, for those of you who are daring enough to wear that classy red lip thing well, I probably envy you on a regular basis.  (This means YOU, Beyonce!)

But I could never be that person.

Because I will forever be stuck in my teens.

Wearing Lip Smackers.

Specifically, Dr. Pepper Lip Smackers.

What can I say?

The stuff is simply magical! 

Not only is it tasty....

But it makes my lips look rosy without looking fake.

And soft.

Techy will vouch for the softness.

Probably to the flavor, too. 

Although, if I am wearing any type of lip gloss when he kisses me, he always tends to viciously wipe at his mouth like someone whose lips came into contact with gasoline. 

But yeah.

My point. 

It tastes good.

It looks good.

It feels good.

And it's uber cheap.

Like $1.98 at Wally-world.

And it's my fave.

Just saying.

If I had to go a day without it in my purse, I may curl up and die. 

Unless, of course, I had my second fave - Carmex - which is even cheaper.

Don't get me started on Carmex....

It's a can of worms you don't want unleashed at this time.


P.S. It should be noted that this post would have been dotted with adorably humorous pics from all over the web, but Blogger is acting up again and won't let me add any pics, so you will have to forgive me.

2 comments:

Roberta said...

I'm a chapstick girl as well...and I love the fact that you can use it on your hang-nails in the winter ;)

Cortney said...

Dito-I'm also a chapstick only gal. I even tried the lip gloss thing, but it also makes me look funny. I have a rotation of cherry chapstick going right now.