Monday, January 17, 2011

Making Lemonade

Yes, I know my last post was a little bleak.

But in the morning light, things are not as dark as they seem.

When asked, "How was your weekend" my response cannot be entirely based upon one solitary phone call that shook up my Sunday afternoon.

Because I had an amazing weekend.

And I have amazing things to be thankful for.

Like flannel sheets that I got to spend the afternoon hiding under.

And Diet Pepsi.

And chocolate.  Dark chocolate.

And the fact that I only had 2 pieces of dark chocolate in my house during my down time.

And The Biggest Loser.

And running.

And running buddies.

And crafting.

And crafting buddies.

And the Goodwill.

And dust bunnies that kept me occupied all Friday night.

And the fact that Dancing Santa has FINALLY retired for another year.

And good friends who come over and talk me through de-Christmas-ing my house, even at 10 o'clock at night.

And a hubby who mans up when I want to hide under the covers all afternoon.

And who watched 3 hours of the Biggest Loser with me while I cried my eyeballs out.

And who begged my in-laws to give me liquor last night, even if I did decline the offer.

And great friends who all understand the ridiculous attachment one has to her daycare lady, and offers a shoulder to cry on in return for nothing more than a shoulder to cry on.

As it turns out, I am not the only one swimming in woes.

As it turns out, this woe is not as bad as it feels.

As it turns out, I still have a lot to be thankful for.

And as it turns out, God is still in control.

And as it turns out, bigger things are in the works for this little-big girl.

And that being said, this lemonade is delish!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Proud of you! Praying for you too!