Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Honest Opinion: Weight Watchers Works For Me!

If you have read any of my posts this week, you have probably noticed a theme.

If you have read any of my shared items this week, you may have noticed the same reoccuring theme.

(Seriously, click on the one entitled, "I am my own infomercial.  It's INCREDIBLE!)

Along with the entire rest of the world, I jumped on the New Year's Resolution/Weight loss band wagon.

It's annoying isn't it?

I know, I know.

And I promise to tone it down soon. 

If March 1st is soon enough for you.

And IF I have actually lost my weight by March 1st.

But today, since the entire world is working on dieting kick, I thought I would share with you the diet that has worked for me.

The summer between my junior and senior year of college, I went on birth control.

Just to give you a feel of my starting point, check out the chub here:



Ewwww, and that hair....

Already being a nice 162 lbs., I didn't want to pack on any additional weight, so I decided to try weight watchers.


My mom was a member and thereby, I became an Honorary Member.

I proceeded to read all the books, borrow her points calculator, and tote the handy meal calculator to every restaurant I went to.

But that summer I lost about 10 lbs.

So I toted her smallest book with food calculations back to college with me.

Where I continued to follow the plan along with hitting the gym for a 30 minute workout on the stair climber.

And by Christmas, I was a good 15 lbs. lighter than when I left.

By spring time I was down to 125 lbs.

That's almost 40 lbs! 

And I was on the pill!

And here's the kicker, people.  I didn't follow WW every single day of my life. 

I followed it from Monday through Friday and every weekend would be free.

It worked for me then.

It has worked for me now.

Now, admittedly, over time I did gain 12 lbs.

But, honestly, 125 was probably not the healthiest weight for me, anyway.

My goal weight is 130.

Where it probably should be.

Point being, with the help of Weight Watchers, I managed to maintain a healthy weight for 6 years just prior to getting preggers with Little Man.

And with the help of Weight Watchers and the same kind of freebie weekend schedule, I have managed to lose over 50 lbs in the past year.

I have tried other diets in the past.

Like Atkins.

But I think I have made mention of the fact that I am a little bit of a carb fanatic....

And I failed that HARD CORE.

And the pre-packaged meals diets just don't cut it for me.

I need freedom.

Otherwise, I start chewing my arm off in rebellion.

That's not to say other diets can't work for you.

Just that the freedom and lifestyle that Weight Watchers offers is the easiest for me to follow.

And it makes sense to me now!

And that, people, is my honest opinion!

Sorry for beating a dead horse, here....

1 comment:

kait said...

haha i bet your arm is glad you're on weight watchers and not the prepackaged food diet!

i love any weight loss posts by you, keeps me inspired! :)