Friday, January 28, 2011

Shoes, Feet, and The Dreaded Size 7.5

Oh, how I love shoes.

Love, love, love.

I am pretty sure it started in 1st Grade.

When I got my first pair of these:


I am not proud to admit that this love of shoes has, on occasion, caused me to act relatively irresponsibly.

Actually, after some thought, I distinctly remember lying to my grandmother in order to get her to buy me a pair of shoes when I was about 4 years old.


I got in so much trouble over it.

Or you know, as much trouble as a 4 year old gets in.

But I remember thinking I was in big trouble.

So, I guess the love affair started as early as 4.

And then the jelly shoes showed up to solidify it.

Apparently my obsession with jellies lasted for a while, because the next shoe I fell in love with was a shiny leather, sock-less Ked.


Then I must have gone through a shoe recession, because I have distinctly forgotten what shoe styles were in high school.

They may or may not have had bows on them, though.



Which is probably why I have blocked the memory.

Just.too.painful.

Then in college, my best friend, (who happened to be a guy at the time) bought me a pair of shoes very similar to these girls...


No, he wasn't gay, he just knew how ob.sessed I was with them.

He was a good friend.  And it was my birthday.

But back to the shoe...the sweet little platform shoe.

That I never really learned how to walk in.

But nearly crippled myself trying to get to class in....

Thank goodness they wore out quickly....

But then, after I graduated, I worked with one of the most crazy stylish women I have ever met.

And she introduced me to the knee high boot.


I had the PERFECT knee high boot.  Heel was just high enough without being too high...

I paid $40 for them, and wore them until the seam split up the side while I was pregnant.  (YES-fat calves-MOO)  But I definitely got my money's worth out of them - 5 whole winters I wore those girls!

Oh, how I need a new pair.

And now these beauties are prime contestants currently toasting my tootsies...



And really, that's all I wear anymore.

Now, you may ask, what is the point of all of this nonsense about my shoe mania????

My point is OBVIOUSLY that Techy should be very thankful that I wear a size 7.5.

Because I would have alot more shoes if I work something like a 5 or 6.

Because there is clearly a surplus of size 5 or size 6 shoes.

And then I would need a bigger closet.

And eventually a bigger house.

Because, HELLO?!  I LOVE SHOES!

2 comments:

Cortney said...

I also love shoes...and I also have giant feet (size 11) so the selection is limited. Plus, I refuse to pay an arm and a leg for shoes.

Miss Rachel's Pantry said...

I loved my jellies! I had flats AND heels. In 5th grade... they let me wear heels! I bet they were a lot shorter than I thought they were.