Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just because I didn't say it....

After having learned some lessons the hard way about making confrontational comments on this here blog o' mine, I have opted to keep most of my posts as far to the middle as possible.

But in being as non-confrontational as possible, I have managed to leave out one of the most important components of my life - my faith. 

Because it's easier to not talk about.

But that doesn't make it any less present.

I think I may have mentioned a time or two about how private I am about silly things.  Things that don't mean much to most people.

And my faith happens to be one of them.

Odd, huh?

It's just that I don't want to step on any toes or tear anyone down.

But I can't not talk about it anymore. 

Part of me thinks I am going to come off as a hypocrite.

Because I like to complain.

And I talk about things like hanky panky.

And periods.

And just stuff.

But I hope you don't think that. 

I hope you understand that this is just another way for me to really be me with you.

I am going to start out with something really simple.

And I am going to try to focus it to one day a week.  That way if I get too preach, and you decide you are sick of it, you can skip it.

I am going to call it the Sunday Sermon Series.

And in a nutshell, I plan to be posting them on Sundays as a general recap of what I got from church that morning. 

Feel free to comment with your thoughts on this as I am still formulating ideas for how I want to do this and your input as readers is very valuable to me.

2 comments:

Lauren van Driel said...

I love the idea, Leah! While I'm betting that we almost certainly have a different faith, I think that the same God permeates every religion and appeals to all of us in different ways.

If I'm inspired to follow God through meditation and candle-burning, and you're inspired to follow God with prayer and worship, and maybe someone else believes in something completely different, then the same end result is there-- following God. And isn't that God's plan for all of us; to find comfort, to complete our "work" here on Earth, and to love as much as possible?

We're all different, but I still think we can all take something away from what you'll be learning about our God. :) Blog away, and I for one don't care if you do cause a stir! ;)

Kait said...

great idea!!!