Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Nudge

Just when you thought I had lost my mind

I am going to prove it...

I think it's time to admit I have a problem.

Maybe even what some would call an addiction....

A HEALTH addiction.

There!  I said it! 

Ahhh.

I feel like I have been chasing the ever elusive tale of my own personal health for a long, long time now.

And I am still not there.

I am a little stuck.  If you don't beleive me, just refer to last weeks' weigh-in post.

But then I read this, and feel better...or worse...

So now, I am pushing myself. 

New goals.

Along with the 5 mile race that I have signed up to do with the girls in March, I have also enlisted myself to do a half marathon.

Only, I am stretching it out over 3 days.

In order to keep the babymaker from being too shaken up since we are supposed to be working on Baby Numero Dos at that point in time.

And I am joining a handful of others who have declared, nay PROCLAIMED it on The Happy Runner.

The best/worst part. 

That's my birthday weekend.

My 30th birthday weekend.

Best because I will be running enough to compensate for eating my body weight in ice cream cake.

Worst because who has time to party hardy when they have to run 13.1 miles?

Guess there's no turning back, now!

Strangely, I am a little excited about it!

So, now, who's joining me!?

Virtually or otherwise?! 

I mean, afterall, it's my 30th birthday????

Don't leave me hanging!

2 comments:

Felice Devine said...

YAY!! You should be excited ;-)

Unknown said...

Well, that post you read linked to is very optimistic! You should feel 10 times better, since the other day I believe you said the same thing, am I right?