Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Helpful How-To: Craft Your Heart Out!!!

This week, you will notice something extremely different in this week's Helpful How-To. 

A distinct lack of sarcasm.

That's right. 

This week, I may actually have a how-to that you would be interested in hearing about!

Be excited....

My new friend Roberta asked for a tutorial on the wreaths that I posted from my weekend, thus making this week's HHT extremely easy for me. 

You remember these girls, right?



Yeah, it's been less than a week, but I think it's love. 

They have taken up semi-permanent residence in my home. 

The burlap wreath (up top) took about 2 hours total to make and way less fabric than  you would ever think.  Maybe 1/2 a yard of burlap....

Anyway, I made it using this tutorial (because, let's face it, why would I type it out, when someone else already did?)

You may notice the adorable little flower pinned on it????

You didn't?  Ok, look again....

Yes.  The brown blotch at the bottom of the wreath....

It's a FLOWER pin.  Yes, I know, it doesn't really LOOK LIKE A FLOWER.  But you can blame that on the crappy cell phone picture.  Because it totally does in real life. 

And for that I used this tutorial.  Which I LOVE. 

Have I ever told you that Jone's Design is by far, my favorite blog ever? 

Maybe even more than PW....  *Gasp*  Wait...Am I allowed to say that?  Sorry, blogworld.

Moving on.

The second wreath took a little more time.  But is so worth it.  And again, I totally stole it straight from High Heels and a Hammer.  Because that's how I roll!

Unoriginal ideas.  HERE I COME!

Be on guard though, cause I have another wreath form or two, and I am pretty sure that I MUST have one of these beauties before Christmas!

I am beginning to wonder how many wreaths one can have in their house without people questioning your sanity. 

Also wondering if these would make acceptable Christmas gifts.  Because 'tis the season.

What do you think? 

Do you enjoy the less sarcastic side of me?

Or did you even notice the lack of sarcasm?

Do tell!  Do tell!!!

1 comment:

Roberta said...

THANKS LEAH! I just love those wreaths and I have so many fabrics laying around that need to be used up...I'll be looking for one of those wire frames next time I'm in Michaels or AC Moore. Yours came out so beautiful and what a great gift these would make for family and friends. btw...I love your sarcasm...Spoken Like A True Smarta@@ ;) Life is too darn short to be not have a good time...others just need to lighten up already...right ;}