Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving - A Recap

As you may have seen, we did survive Turkey Day as well as Black Friday, but you should know, it was not without a few tears.

Yes, the meal was delish. 

Yes, the turkey was beautiful.

Yes, we all gorged ourselves.

No, I did not exercise one minute after midnight on Wednesday.

I really didn't sleep much, either.

But let's just say that a very small bug - let's call him the Puke Bug - may have struck a couple times.

And let's just say, we are all on pins and needles to see if/when he will strike again.

He may have totally ruined any chance of getting our Christmas Card photos done this weekend.

If you haven't entertained the Puke Bug at your house this year, then lucky you. 

He's already been to my house twice this year.

Very unwelcome visitor that he is.

Rude at that - unannounced arrival and all...

And on a holiday, no less!!!

But such is life.  Especially my life.

I am very disappointed in my lack of exercise this weekend. 

Even if I did work out half a dozen times on Wednesday and did not gain a pound over the weekend.

I do assume that shopping for 9 hours straight counts as some type of cardio, especially considering my heart rate was up the entire time.  (What can I say, good deals get my blood pumping!)

But that doesn't keep me from being disappointed in my lack of exercise. 

Especially when I read this post.

Yeah. 

Thanks, Happy Runner.

Just what I needed to twist the knife today.

At this rate, I won't reach my goals for another 3 months....

Guess it's time to climb back on the horse, er...elliptical.  Whatever.

Anyway, all that to say, I certainly hope your Thanksgiving weekend was smoother than mine was, even if I did get several amazing deals!

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Ahhh...hope the bug stays put and you aren't forced to do any more PURGING...LOL sorry...I'm turd and just can't stop myself ;) BTW...SHOPPING is an excellent form of exercise...I sweat by it! It's the only kind of exercise that I will endorse ;) Hop on over and check out my stamp sale...it's a good thang!