Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Too Close for Comfort

Guys, it's happening.

The thing that I thought would never happen, is happening.

I am within 15 lbs. of my goal.

I am fitting into most of my old clothes.

And I am getting complacent.

Not that I haven't given myself allowances before, but I was at my goal weight before.

Now, I am not.

I am 15 lbs from my goal weight.

Which is still about 20 lbs. higher than any of the 6 ft. 2 America's Next Top Model contestants.

But I have been watching The Biggest Loser...

And being thankful that I am only 15 lbs. away from my goal weight.

So I am slacking off.

Case in point, I didn't go running this weekend.

Case in point, I let myself have a 4 day vacation from exercise of any (real) kind.

I may not have eaten too unhealthy (only 1 bowl of ice cream and some baked apples with whipped cream as far as the desserts go....)

But I am frustrated with myself. 

Because I didn't stick to my diet.

I didn't exercise.

I didn't work hard enough.

Especially not hard enough for someone whose goal was to be 12 lbs. lighter 4 weeks from now.

So what to do now?

Wallow in it?

Kick myself for not running when the weather was nice (albeit, uber windy) instead of this disgusting rain?

Well, I'll tell you...

My plan of attack is pretty drastic....

Ready for it???

I am going to keep doing what I have been doing.

Mindblowing, right?

It's worked so far.

25+ lbs. don't lie....

I am going to make myself do the things I hate the most (i.e., 30 Day Shred, anyone???)

I am going to work just as hard as I did when I first started. 

I am going to run.

I am going to eat right. 

WHEN I CAN.

I am going to enjoy holiday parties.

I am going to live my life.

And be healthy and thoughtful about it.

So, how about you?

How'd you do this holiday weekend?

Did you stick to your goals?

Did you cave and eat a bowl of ice cream?  (Jillian keeps Ben and Jerry's in her freezer.  I saw it on Entertainment Tonight.  And I believe everything I see on ET!!!!)

What's your game plan for the upcoming holiday season?

Anyone? 

Hello???

Is anyone still reading this?

*Sigh* 

Oh well....

Good thing I enjoy talking to myself...

4 comments:

Roberta said...

You know that alternating your caloric intack is a good thang ;) When I was going to a Dr. to loose weight a few years back...he put me on a rotating caloric schedule where we only counted the calories for EVERYTHING but the protein that we ate. 1st week was 600 calories a day, 2nd week went up to 800 calories and then the third week up to 1000 calories. After that you went back down to 600 calories, etc. THE premise behind this is that when you contantly restrict your calories your body thinks that you are sick and it auto-responds by SLOWING DOWN your metabolism. Excess exercise can also do the same thing because it stresses your system and makes your body think it's sick as well...causing the auto-response to slow down your metabolism and SAVE your energy. That's also why people coming off diets gain weight because they increase their calories and their bodies are still in the reserve mode so alls you end up doing is STORING more calories. It worked for me and any time I gain some weight back...I hop back on to this regime. Woman have a higher rate of the auto-response syndrome because we make babies...lol That's also why our bodies have more fat cells...to store the energy for our babies. Men have more muscle mass and that's why they loose faster than us with less energy...BECAUSE muscle burns more calories than fat. God is a man...I just know it ;) Hope this helps. Fondly, Roberta

Carrie said...

Hey, I like Roberta! You can do it! We are coming into the hardest part of the year to lose weight! But WE can do it together! I know we can! You've been doing SO great, like you said, just keep doing what you are doing....but I agree with Roberta, its important to live a little sometimes! Chalk the ho hum up to the post Thanksgiving blues!

Anonymous said...

YAY LEAH! you can do it! And yes, I read all the way to end. :) -jenny

Kait said...

I read it. I ate cookies and pumpkin mushroom soup and turkey salad so I have no input on "sticking to a diet" LOL! But I didddd finally get to Zumba on Monday yay me! :) I really need to get back into working out, I've realized my mood is much better when I get exercise in. :)