Monday, November 22, 2010

Invisible Inadequacy

Every now and then, you have the opportunity in your life to experience something you have always dreamed of, but have rarely gotten to experience for yourself. 

And I am not just talking about my race....

I am talking about something just a bit bigger.

It's been an amazing couple of months at our church. 

God has been using our pastor in amazing ways. 

Speaking to hurting hearts like you cannot even imagine.

Yesterday, I was again reminded that despite my best efforts to follow and do and be what God has called me to be, I continue to fail. 

And yet, He still allows me to serve.  And He still chooses to use me.

Yesterday morning, by the grace of God, I, along with my friend Kristen, had the opportunity to lead a teenage girl to the Lord.

I was stunned by her simple admission of need.

I mean really, how often do teenagers ask how to become a child of God?

How often do they readily admit their sin?

How often do they willingly accept that Christ died for those sins?

And how often are they willing to confess their sin to the God of Mercy, and accept the eternal gift that He provided?

Let's just say, I have lived almost 30 years on this earth and I have only seen it a handful of times.

And I am more thankful than ever for the opportunity to witness it again.

And I'm humbled that despite my continued failure, He chose to use me.

I mean, really, when He has the power to use the rocks and trees to bring Himself glory, why use someone as faulty as me?

I have alot to be thankful for this week.

No comments: