Monday, November 22, 2010

The race...You know you wanna know...

You may have heard something about a little race this weekend?



Totally me.  Totally 5 minutes before it started.  Totally had just finished watching my friend Carrie rock the 10k.  Totally shaking in my boots.  Err, Adidas's.  Whatever.


Again, totally just before race.  Totally trying to psych myself up.  "I think I can, I think I can!"

Confession time:

Part of me feels so lame.  I mean, 3.1 miles is so JUST 3.1 miles.  But I finished it. 

I ran the entire time.

Even on the hills.

And my music selection was better than ever.

As in, I started the race to "Boom, Boom, Pow", and finished to "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz.  Um, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Thank you, Pandora. 

My time wasn't great, but better than any of my other times.  33:52. 

Which I think equates to something like a 10:55 mile.  Not great.  But faster than my previous times.  And that was WITH hills.  (My training was all VERY, VERY flat.)  I actually shaved 37 seconds off of my previous time....  Not too shabby....

(That's me in the blue, behind the 2 middle aged ladies...don't ask how that made me feel...)

My time probably would have been better, but I spent a little time hamming it up for the camera's.


(That's my friend Carrie in the orange behind me.  This is totally the only picture of us together.  LAME-O)

What can I say?  The camera loves me and so did the crowd. 
And now is the time for me to come clean.

You guys all thought this race was part of my weight loss goals.

Helping me get the weight off faster.  Yada, Yada, Yada.

And don't get me wrong, it totally helped.

But the reality is, I was training for something much bigger.

And thanks to Amanda, who posted the video below this morning, now I can share the truth with you.



I think I am ready now....

How about you?

3 comments:

Kait said...

LMAO!! I cracked up at the ending of this post! Hahah!

I loveee the pictures from the race, I'm so proud of you (and jealous that I haven't gotten to try a 5k yet! Next spring perhaps? haha!)

Unknown said...

In all honesty...the first time I saw that commercial...I thought of you... :o)

Anonymous said...

That video was hilarious...I'm so NOT going out on black friday! Actually never have shopped on the weekend after turkey day...ever! Hows that for a 50 year record...lol Great job in the race and I love that you hamm it up for the camera ;)