Friday, November 5, 2010

Bracing for the Fall

The Fall Back, that is. 

For months and months, I have been dreading the evil implications of the time change this weekend.

I have heard numerous horror stories about baby schedules going awry and even toddlers reverting to infant-like night time wakes.

So I dreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad this weekend.

And next week.

And the week after.

And ever how long it takes to make this guy get the hang of the new thang.



Please don't go doling out advice about how I should have been backing up his bedtime and waketimes for weeks now to avoid the impending fallout.  I have read every single one of Babywise Mom's posts on time change and her plan won't help me.  To back up the little guys bedtime/wake time by an hour would make me more than late to work.  I have tried backing up the bedtime alone, but that does little good without enforcing wake time....

So yeah....

I guess there is always a chance that it won't phase him and he will just revert to it easily.

But if not, please pardon me if I seem like one hot mess. 

You can blame the time change.

I know I will be.

1 comment:

Roberta said...

Too funny...I hear ya on "backing up his sleep/wake times"...who is gonna back up yours? I also hate the time change...makes me grumpy when it's dark at dinner time...yuk...yuk...yuk! I'm such a warm weather, sun-shine kinda gal and proud of it ;) Try to have a good weekend and find some good comfort food...or my vice a drink ;) Wine and chips do it for me every time....lol
Fondly, Roberta