Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Beat Goes On

I don't know about you, but this week just keeps getting busier for me. 

It's all good stuff.

But it isn't the BEST stuff.

Do you know what I mean?

Things like meeting here, doctor appointment there, workout ALL OVER THE PLACE, dinner time here, time with the in-laws, etc., etc., etc.

It's only Wednesday, and I am just beat! 

The sad part is that the 2nd half of my week is about 500 times more busy than the first half .

Techy has been busy all week editing photos from his photo shoot this weekend...

I have been busy just trying to push in at least an hour workout every day.

Little Man is going through the Terrible 10 months....  Seriously.  Why does no one tell you about THIS phase?  I mean, you hear ALL ABOUT the terrible 2's, but terrible 10 months came out of nowhere!  He's a teething, cruising-almost-walking, independent-clingy, want-to-feed-myself-with-a-fork MESS!  Someone actually called him "spoiled" this morning.  I almost cried.  This mommy business makes me feel more like a failure every single day.

But I am reminded of something...

Actually, I was reminded on Sunday of something incredibly special....

Our Pastor preached on Sunday from 2 Cor. 12

Specifically on this verse:

9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

And then today, my friend Bethany, who just moved to Nicaragua with her family, posted this post.

Watching Little Man develop the way I have over the last few months, the thought that Jesus had to learn to crawl becomes even that much more special to me.  It's so comforting to know that no matter how weak I am, He is strong.  And he understands.

Now, I just have to figure out a way to put away my pride and my OCD nature and "boast in my infirmities".

No comments: