Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Honest Opinion: Disinfecting Spray

I am a germ freak.

You should know that by now.

What?  Aren't you convinced?

Fine, I will drive it home with a story, IF YOU INSIST....

During Little Man's 1st month (or maybe more, who's keeping track...), we kept a sign on our front door that looked a little something like this....

Germ Freak/Paranoid.  Potato/Potahto....

*Shrugging shoulders* 

What can I say?

I am not a friend of germs.

There is no sickness that comes or goes in my home without me having germ killer on hand.

Ask me how often I use it, and I will tell you pretty stinking often.

I'm a little like the old lady in "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" - "...and they used BON AMI!"



As though it's a miracle cleaner or something.

But I totally get her. 

Because that's how I am about my Lysol.


It's somewhat of a wonder to me that I didn't have any on hand this weekend when Techy was sick.

Because I seriously use this stuff all the time.

Despite Dwight Schrute's opinions on health and hygeine:



Yeah, I don't go that route.
 
Clean a shower.  Spray it down with Lysol.

Clean a toilet.  Spray it down with Lysol.

My kitchen sink gets a spray like every other day. 

My trash can needs a spray more often than it gets it....

When we first moved into our house, I refused to use the bathrooms until I had sprayed down every square inch with the stuff.

Now, I have not performed any scientific experiments to PROVE the germ killing power of the stuff other than spraying down Techy's pillow and then sleeping on it with my mouth open, while drooling, and not getting sick.

But that's good enough for me.

I mean, seriously, if I can drool on a pillow that he wallowed all over with his man-sick-self and not catch the dreaded disease, then something's gotta be working, right?

Just sayin'....

I like me some Lysol. 

And that's all there is to it!

Note:  Since Lysol knows nothing about me or my post, I can honestly say, I use the off brand version and have found it to work just as well for about $.60 less.  I can also admit that I don't walk around my house calling it the "can of Great Value disinfecting spray".  I call it "Lysol" even though it isn't the real stuff.  Know what?  Everyone still knows what I am talking about.

1 comment:

Kait said...

Eep! This is the most perfect post for me right now! I'm lysoling the new townhouse like a lysol fiend!