Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Schmeekend

Ever had one of those weekends that made you thankful for Monday morning?

Yeah.

I'm still recovering. 

Let's just say I woke up at 4 a.m. on a Saturday. 

And at 6 a.m. on a Sunday.

And it had nothing to do with the baby.

Except maybe on Sunday.

Because I was sleeping on an air mattress in his room.

Techy came down with something on Saturday afternoon/evening.

This is where I explain that Techy doesn't get sick often, but when he does, he's miserable.  As in miserable to be around AND miserable.

He gets man-sick.

Please tell me you understand that terminology???

I am a little fuzzy on the details, but my assumption is that because he is so used to being the strong one, that when he has to be the weak one, he milks it.

As in, he calls me 3 times in 10 minutes to find out when I will be able to go to the store for medicine.

As in, he calls me 3 times in 20 minutes to find out how long until I am home with the medicine.

And then when I get him his medicine, he tells me he "can't take that kind" and asks for the stuff that we had at home.

But then, I gave him a sleeping pill.

And crashed to sleep on the air mattress in the babies room. 

But only after Little Man caused a little lot of drama.

You see, occasionally, Little Man will wake up in the middle of the night.  And occasionally, he will sit up and talk to himself for a few minutes before rolling over and going back to sleep.

However, I learned this weekend, that if he realizes Mommy is in his room, forget about it! 

Ensue Crying.

Ensue Screaming.

Ensue Nashing of teeth.  (all 3 of them)

And me, being all, I must get him to quiet down and go back to sleep so he doesn't wake Techy up!  But wait, if I hold him, aren't I letting him win??? 

It's a vicious cycle.

Finally, he did go back to sleep, though.  And Techy was completely unaware of the situation (other than a grunt or two - remember I gave HIM a sleeping pill....)

Now, you may ask, why on earth was I in the baby room when I have a perfectly good guest room right down the hall?

So glad you asked!  

Because, as luck would have it, Techy's sister is coming to visit this week. 

And she is staying in the guest bedroom. 

And I had just washed the sheets on the bed and cleaned it specifically FOR her. 

Why would I ruin that with any potential germs that I could be carrying?

Anyone have a guess as to what this week's MHO post will be about?


I'll give you a hint.   It's the one thing I couldn't have left the drugstore without.  Even if it did mean walking out of the checkout line because I forgot it on my first trip around the store. 

Which may or may not have happened....

Hopefully, your weekend was more restful than mine.

And hopefully, next weekend's will be better for me.  Especially since next weekend is my first 5k!


*Note: Things are looking up!  Someone at work just told me I look "skinny" today.  See...Monday's aren't that bad, after all...

1 comment:

ceejus said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ