Monday, July 19, 2010

Lovey Dovey vs. Poopy Doopy

Have I mentioned how much I love my hubby?

He is such a weird, strange, odd kind of person. (For the record, I already know you are bobbing your head up and down…) But he is also one of the kindest, most generous, and loving people I know. He doesn’t always show it, but he totally is.

Last week he spent a good portion of his week working on a video for our Student Ministry department at church. And I am not going to lie, it takes aaaaaaaaaaaaa-lot of work to make half an hour of video clips comprised of people trimming bushes interesting, but he worked so hard to make it happen. This is becoming a regular occurrence for him and he loves it. (In case you are interested in seeing any of the other student ministry videos you can find them here. This one is my favorite.)

So, yesterday, during his bestie’s 30th birthday, it was not surprising to find him walking around with a camera in his hand. And yesterday while we were all playing in the ocean, no one was the least bit surprised to find him with his waterproof camera draped around his neck. It’s just a given. Just like no one will be surprised, when a week from now, he emails out a copy of the video he collected during the party.

However, I am always amazed at the extremes he will go to in order to capture said video.

That being said, allow me to recount a tale for you.

I have already admitted to playing in the ocean for the first time in a long time. But what I omitted from that post was the fact that the waves were ridiculously rough. They were breaking very close to the shore and the undertow was extremely strong. Meaning, if you ended up under a wave, the undertow would continue to pull you back under the next wave, unless, by some chance the waves were far enough apart for you to get out. But all of that was fine as long as you were out past where the waves were breaking. Which we were. And then for some reason, I went along with Techy when he suggested that we all ride the waves in. And somehow I ended up right under a breaking wave. Slammed into the shore. Skidding across the beach. With more sand in my bathing suit than anyone should ever have to experience. And rather than helping me up, do you know what my dear sweet husband was doing? Recording every last moment of my adventure as wave after wave knocked me down and shoved more sand into my skin. All for the sake of adding to the unforgettable moments from the party.

Yes, thank you, Techy. I love you too. And all of the sand infused crevices on my body thank you too.

No comments: