Thursday, July 15, 2010

Donations can be made to me...

I have a problem. A major problem.

I am a collector. It makes Techy crazy.

I collect all things "B". Baskets, books, blankets, boxes.... It's a serious issue.

And now I have added another "B" to the mix. BEDDING.

In the past year alone, I have ordered no less than 4 bed sets for our master bedroom. That doesn't even take into account the 4 years of marriage before that when we had countless other bedding options.

It's pitiful. And embarrassing. And I don't know how to make it stop.

My problem is all based on the fact that I want a good deal for our bedding.
And we have a king sized bed. So if I find bedding on the cheap and it looks remotely like the color I want, I buy it. And then I get it and find that there is something wrong with it, or it's 5 inches short on one side, or it isn't the right color or Techy says it's the ugliest thing he's ever seen in his life.... You know. And then I end up returning it.

Now, the bedding we currently have on our bed, I love. I got it for way CHEAP last year on Black Friday. And I have never seen anything that matched the color scheme in my room so perfectly. But I have 2 problems with it.

First, the center of the comforter is a huge, embroidered square of cream fabric....
Um, you get it right? Do I really need to spell it out for you? Oh, alright...remember the dog that sleeps with us? He also likes to walk around outside barefooted all the time. I can't seem to convince him to wear his puddle jumpers, but oh well.

Secondly, it's already coming apart at the seams. Partly because it's cheap and partly because Techy and Gizmo like to wrestle on the bed. I refuse to go on the rabbit trail that this could take me on. Just trust me when I say that nothing infuriates me more than Techy and Gizmo wrestling at bed time.

So now, I have fallen in love again. And I want it so bad, I can hardly stand it.

Want to see it?



Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I.wantz.

But I know that if I came home with yet another bed set, Techy may blow a gasket.

So, I will admire it from afar and beg one of you to talk my dear, sweet husband into getting this for me.

Because he loves me.

And because I love it.

And because it's pretty and it might not come apart at the seams.

And it's not really that expensive....

{King sized will do}

No comments: