Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Honest Opinion: SwagBucks

It's that time again!  My Honest Opinion time.  The weekly post where I get to give advice without sounding like I am giving advice.  Thus fulfilling my calling in life and in turn answering all the questions you didn't know you had.

Be excited.

Or at least act excited.

Or at least read half of it before clicking away.  Because you might get some useful info about it.

And possibly even a corny joke or 2.

Preface aside, I am really excited about today's post. 

Have you tried Swagbucks?

Search & Win

I would imagine since most of you loyal, enjoyable readers are reading my blog at all, you are at least somewhat internet savvy.  And I would imagine that most of you internet savvy people have heard of something as OUT THERE as Swagbucks.

And I had too.

I actually signed up for a Swagbucks account and earned my free bonus points for signing up like FOREVAH ago.  (As in, around the same time that Glee took control of my Tuesdays and Housewives of New Jersey began ruling my DVR.  Maybe even before Khloe and Lamar got hitched.  Like, way back.)

But to be honest, I didn't use it. 

I didn't want to use it. 

I forgot to use it, etc....

And here's what happened:  Nothing.  (I know, shocking, right?  You expected me to say the Swagbucks police came knocking on my door to find out why my usage was so low, right?  Yeah, well, they don't have police yet.  So don't worry about that happening.)

But a few weeks ago I read something on Facebook about it.  Again.  (And when I say a few weeks ago, I mean, sometime in between Little Man's new all-day-everyday routine and the my baking mishap, so pretty recently...)

In case you don't know the point of Swagbucks...you use their search engine to search the web and earn points that you can redeem for free stuff. (I think we all know how I feel about free stuff...) And I don't just mean free junk. I mean, gift cards to Amazon.com or Starbucks or even Overstock. (However if free junk is your thing, I am sure you can find it there, too since their reward section is full of things like vampire teeth...)

Now, I know what you are thinking.  Because I totally thought the same thing.

Oh, they are just trying to take business away from Google.

Oh, that's so lame.

Oh, I will never remember to do that. 

But I decided to give it a try. 

That was 3 weeks ago.

And I now have enough points to redeem for a $5 Amazon.com gift card. 

And you wanna know a dirty little secret? 

I don't use it all the time. 

I don't even use it most of the time. 

I downloaded the toolbar so I earn points automatically for signing into the internet at all.

Then I search in the morning until I earn some 'bucks.

I search again midday until I earn 'bucks.

Then I search in the late afternoon until I earn 'bucks.

And in 3 weeks, I already could have a free used book. 

Which I am totally all about. 

So my opinion of Swagbucks is that for 5 minutes a day, its totally worth it! 

Now please excuse me while I go redeem my points and order the next Betsy book for my collection.

1 comment:

Kait said...

ohh i need to look into this!