Friday, October 15, 2010

Weight Update #5

Another week down. 

Another run under my belt.  2 miles this time.  To say that I was excited is a bit of an understatement. 

Thrilled.  Exstatic.  Shout-it-from-the-rooftops.  All probably more accurately describe my feelings.

I attribute it to Pandora. 

Techy let me borrow his Blackberry and earbuds for the run. 

And his workout station rocks.  Until the techno started, but it did set a nice pace, I have to admit.

Have I ever mentioned how much Techy loves Techno?  I know, how appropriate, right?  One day I will have to do a post on the ridiculousness of his Techno craze...

But today, let's get to what we're really here for,

The dreaded weigh-in.

Drumroll please..........

.................................

.................................

And the results are in


That's 1.5 lbs since last week.

But it's down.

And it's makes me less than 20 lbs. from pre-prego weight.

It makes me 21.6 lbs. away from goal weight.

And it makes me feel great.

For those of you who are consistent readers, and interested in all things Leah-weight-oriented, I did go back for bloodwork last week, and the results show my thyroid is operating at normal levels.  Lucky me. 

That means that the weight loss that I have seen over the last 2 weeks is probably a result of that (5 lbs. since my October 1st post, which is pretty hilarious to me considering I did not lose 5 lbs. in the whole month of September).

However, I would like to note that since my September 28th post, I have bumped up the workouts to hour long workouts and I have been doing intervals both of which are said to help with weight loss. 

I can feel it. 

I can taste it. 

Success is within my reach. 

I know what you are thinking, If it takes you as long to lose the next 20 lbs. as it has taken for the last 20, you will still be whining about this next spring!

But I beg to differ.  In my opinion, so much has changed for me over the last few weeks, and I feel like I have finally broken through to something. 

I am setting goals and reaching them. 

For example, my new running goal.

My official running goal is to run a 5k by Thanksgiving, and considering that I have already done 2 miles and survived, I am pretty sure 3 is attainable. 

And lets face it, 3.1 isn't really that different than 3. 

Now, how's about you?  Any goals for the fall?  Weight loss or otherwise?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kait said...

Woop Woop! You can't see it, but I'm doing a happy dance for you! Heh! :)