Sunday, October 17, 2010

An Ode to the Gruesome Twosome

For so long, you have been a part of my life.

From the early days when you kept me company in the basement at Techy's parent's house.


To the days that Techy kept you company after moving into our 1st apartment.

And even to the day that we moved into our first home.

Then the parties.

The pets.

In sickness.

As well as in health,

you were there.

Keeping us company.

Making our house a home.

And today, we bid our farewells.

I do not sorrow to see you go. 

I rejoice in the fact that a new home awaits you, with more excitement (I am sure) than you ever saw in our humble home.

For I know that you have been lamenting your lonely life in the man-cave of a basement of this house.

But I do think fondly of the times we shared...

The good times, and the bad.  The movie nights to the cat puke.  The spaghetti stains to the sick days. 

The hours of watching DVR'ed episodes of House, to the Horror Fest that Techy and the boys shared with you every few months.

If I could play a tune to send you off, I would play, Bye Bye Baby by the Bay City Rollers.

You deserve no less than that.

Goodbye old friends.

Good luck in your new home, wherever it may be.




Notes:
 - It took no less than 5 years and the promise of free furniture to talk Techy into parting with these beauties.
 - If you are interested in some pretty ugly but comfy reclining furniture, find these babies for a steal on Craigslist!!! 

1 comment:

kait said...

hahah aww i get attached to furniture too! that looks like a comfy couch!!!