Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome Back, JACK!

Let's just pretend like the last year never happened.

You know, the one where I blogged less than most people floss.

But I'm back now....

I know, I know, I've said that before....

What an amazing year 2012 was.

OR NOT.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one saying that they are happy to have 2012 behind them.

Although, I can say, 2012 did bring me a new hero.


Sooooooo.

Yeah, JACK!

I will give you credit for that one, 2012.  Nice work.

Now, on to 2013!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

How did you celebrate?

We were in Maryland/Delaware for the long weekend with the in-laws.

Have I ever mentioned what an amazing cook my mother-in-law is??


Our New Year's Eve celebration included our own take on surf n turf - deer steak and my mother-in-law's famous crab cakes.

Just typing the words made my stomach growl.

And cry.

I have to say, I might give away one of my arms for a good crab cake.

But after dinner, we, of course, we watched Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve....


Because we are lame.

And, oh, yeah, we have TWO KIDS.

Did it annoy anyone else that they abbreviated it all night?

I mean, really, you don't even want to know how long it took me to figure out what NYRE stood for.

And can we all talk about poor Ryan Seacrest?

Is he sweating that one out or what?


You know he's all, So still?  We're still keeping HIS name on this???

Poor Ryan....

But all in all, I guess it was an okay way to spend New Year's Eve.

And we didn't have to pay the dinner bill or drive home, and we were warm the entire time!

#WINNING

(SIDENOTE:  Do you hashtag?  I love hashtagging.  I hashtag everything.  Texts, thoughts, conversations with Techy, etc.  Why hasn't hashtagging been around forever?)

And since no New Year/Welcome Back to Blogging post would be complete without it....

And since I know that all of you who aren't following me on every form of social media* out there have been patiently waiting to know, I did make some New Year's Resolutions.


Things that didn't make the list that should have:

1. Blog more, OBVIOUSLY.

2.  Watch more Duck Dynasty, pattern your life after Si, Finish every sentence with the word, "JACK!"**

But you get the general idea, Most of my goals are the same as everyone else's in America.

I'm not that creative.

But what I lack in creativity, I make up for in follow-through.

Don't believe me?

Well, let's just wait and see where 2013 takes us, shall we?

Hop on boys and girls, this may get bumpy!


* Why aren't you following me?  Is it because I don't have "buttons"?  Cause I can learn to make "buttons" if you really want to follow me.  No pressure or anything.  Here's my number, so call me maybe.  Oh, yeah, 2012, good call on that one, too....

**If you aren't on the Duck Dynasty band wagon yet, I'm sorry for you.  If you've been wondering what all the hype is about, this guy explains it far more eloquently than I can.

1 comment:

BumbersBumblings said...

Welcome backkkkk jack!!!!! Can we have a dd marathon on your sneaky visit???