Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Honest Opinion: Saving Memories with Us

Photo books are all the rage right now.

Shutterfly and Snapfish have sales almost every single month.

Everyone I know is doing it.

I don't remember it being quite so popular when we started doing it back in 2008.

I don't like to take credit for things, but it had to catch on somewhere, right???

Nah.

We got the idea from someone else, too. 

I'm nothing if not unoriginal.


Anyway... 

We have been doing family year books for the last 5 years.


Yep.  Just like school year books. 

Only better.

But I should probably clarify.

Because technically, we did it for 3 years and are in the process of finishing the last 2 years.

This is what a move mid-year and halfway through a pregnancy will do to you.  

Put you years behind in your photo commemorating. 

If it makes you feel better, I am all the way up to March 2011.

At this rate, I should be caught up...never....

But I digress....

Photo Books....

I have used almost every program out there for making them.


And our personal favorite - Blurb.

Not that I don't love the other programs.

Snapfish has some of the most adorable page designs ever.

And Shutterfly has not only awesome page designs, but absolutely precious embellishments.

And Artscow has a little bit of everything, and the price is absolutely right, but it ships from China, so be prepared to wait for a small eternity.

Not an option when Techy is involved.

Although at this point...

But for our year books, we always, always, always use Blurb.

For large books, Blurb's price is considerably lower, while maintaining the quality and care that we can't do without for something this meaningful.

For example, 2010's year book was 160 pages and cost us 59.95.  (before shipping and taxes)
  

The same book at Shutterfly would have cost us at least double that.

Snapfish has a preset limit of 150 pages, so....

Yeah.  

My point?  

Other than the fact that we are completely awesome for creating family year books every year???

And other than the fact that the cover of 2010's photo book features my bad hair day?

Can you believe my husband would immortalize 2010 with my BAD HAIR???  

I digress...

Again...

My point, CLEARLY, is that for big books, you should probably look into Blurb.

And save pretty Shutterfly and Snapfish books for your 20 page my-kid-just-sneezed books.

But that's just my opinion...

Take it or leave it.

No comments: