Monday, January 14, 2013

Among Other Things

One week into my New Year's Resolution and BAM!

My world has been ROCKED from the ground up.

After 2 years of trying to ignore the entire world's ravings about Downton Abbey, my sister fell under the spell.


Now, I can avoid the tug of the British period drama for only so long.

But the moment my sister fell under the spell and began whispering sweet nothings of Downton Abbey amazingness in my ear, I was done.  

The universe really knows how to get me.

My sister is truly my Achilles heel.  

I cave to her.

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

I wish I could say that I'm not allowing it to interfere with my life.

But if you have seen Downton Abbey, I venture to say that you recognize the fallacy in a statement like that.

And if you have been reading my blog for any time at all, you probably also know that I tend to blog about the things that I am absorbed in....


I should be more sorry for that.

But in the case of good television, one should never hold back!

There seems to be so little of it these days.  

So perhaps, I won't apologize.

After all, if I held back more, you would miss the opportunity to hear the inner workings of my mind....

And isn't that what this is all about anyway?

That's what I thought.

Now.

Back to Downton Abbey.

PEOPLE.

I.am.in.love.

And a little more than attached to these new friends.  

I know you will find it surprising to learn that I am extremely opinionated on EVERYTHING that happens on this show.

Shocking, right?

This coming from the girl who screams next moves at every Bachelor like football fans scream at their favorite players on Sunday afternoon.

By the by...

I have become so absorbed that I have put even Uncle Si and Leslie Knope on the backburner until I get caught up with the rest of you.  

Consider this a warning.  

It is highly likely that there will be many Maggie Smith references in the future.

You can thank me later!!!

I know you will...

No comments: