Monday, January 28, 2013

ABC Themed Toddler Bedroom

I have been working on a design for the Little Man's Big Boy Room for a while now....

This is one idea I threw together one night last week.


Do you know what is really frustrating?

When life throws a whole bunch of curve balls at you.

And then you lose track of the one thing you have been trying to do for a year.

Of course, that isn't this project...

Actually, this project is just pushing that one even further down the line.

But that's life.

As for this project, I'm not totally sold on it.

I don't like the creamy undertones with the white furniture.

Call me crazy, but that just erks me.

But there are elements I do love.

Like that pouf.

Does that pouf just have you at "Hello", or what?!

I mean, it reaches out and grabs your soul!

Like those Dementor things in Harry Potter.

Only if a Dementor was yellow and wearing a smile instead of black with a hollowed out face.

You get what I mean, right?

I mean, I could draw you a picture, but my artistic skills are....

Fine.

Just think, Walmart smileyface.

It's way less complicated.

And already in your permanent memory bank.

You're smiling, aren't you?

You can thank me later.

Back to the idea board...how bout those vintage-y alphabet cards???

SWOOOOOON.

Wanna know a secret?

I actually ordered those MONTHS ago.

For educational purposes.

And then when they arrived, I changed my mind and decided they had to be wall art.

As soon as possible.


Possible still hasn't happened, yet.

But hopefully, getting to this stage means, I am closer.

Hopefully....

Now I know you are all looking at the daybed and going, "Is that what she's going to make the poor kid sleep on?"

And just so you know, yes.

But I plan to do it a little more like Layla did over at Lettered Cottage.

But we'll see....  I'm guessing that a bookcase and a possible window seat may also end up in the picture, if I can convince Techy to let me use my big girl tools a little more.

And if not, well, what Daddy don't know won't hurt him, right?

Anyway, I would love to have some feedback on this, so feel free to let me know your thoughts, and for those who will/may ask, below you will find a breakdown of all the items and the stores they are from.

Enjoy!!!

ABC Themed Toddler Bedroom

No comments: