Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Honest Opinion: Purex Baby Detergent

If you have been around here for any time at all, you know that I happen to be a Purex Insider, who gets updates on all newly released products from Purex. (If you don't know, you should start with this one.  It's classy.  Of course, when am I not classy?  I'm like the freaking Dowager Countess with my A++ classiness.  Also?  My wit.)



Which, may I say, is now one of my favorite laundry detergents.

But, since I took practically the entire last year off from blogging, I was clueless.

Speaking of...


I found this on Netflix the other day.

AS IF...

So many memories.

But I digress...as usual.

WHAT-EVER...

Apparently, sometime in the last year, Purex released Purex Baby Detergent.


Only, I was completely unaware that it was a new release, possibly because I was having a baby at the time....

And at some point after that, Walgreens had a sale on my favorite detergent, and I was lucky enough to get my hands on a bottle of Purex baby for the silly price of 2.99.

And people.

I was "like totally buggin'"

First of all, let me ask you, how do you rank your laundry detergent?

How do you determine what your favorite is?

I guess overall, I am pretty lenient when it comes to laundry detergents.

Mostly, I just want them to get the clothes clean.

And let me tell you, when Baby Girl was still in her infancy, back when we were going through the same 4 outfits every day and we had about 25 bibs and burp cloths in the house...getting clothes clean was CRITICAL.

Needless to say, I was doing laundry every other day, at least.

Thank God for those burp cloths....

Anyway, that being said, have you ever tried to clean crusted on milk out of a bib?

Or a burp cloth?

Especially one that you have misplaced for about a week?

Or a month.

WHAT-EVER.

It would probably be more accurate to talk about trying to clean furry milk out of a bib, because after a week, there is nothing crusty about the set-in stain....

Oh, no, after a week, the thing has taken roots and decided to build itself a full force bacteria tree to reside in.

*CLKJAK:LJ:SDLKFJ*

Pardon me.

That may or may not have been the sound of me gagging.

My point being, that I have tried washing that kind of thing with my old detergent, and let me tell you - it didn't do the job.

I threw away more than one furry bib.

But that was never the case with Purex baby.

Now, admittedly, I did pre-soak them, but they all came clean.

EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

And the scent???

You know how sometimes the free and clear laundry detergent leaves your clothes smelling like the inside of your dryer?

Well, this stuff smells like heaven.

And the top of a newborn's head.

Which is basically the same thing, so you get the picture.

It smells good.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

And at half the price of some other baby detergents out there!

Or in this case a quarter of the price!

What I'm trying to say is if you have babies and you haven't tried Purex baby, you should.

It is in NO WAY a waste of your time or money.

And that's coming from someone who has gagged over my share of furry bibs.

No judging.

I'm wagering there has been/will be a furry bib in your life one day....

And you'll be happy to know that Purex Baby will be there to hold your hand.

Post-script: I was in no way compensated for this post.  I didn't even get a bottle of the stuff to try this time around.  I just want you to know that you don't have to spend fortunes on baby laundry detergent to get the job done.  Really, you are so lucky to have me in your life...really.

No comments: