Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Recent Reads: The Timber Wolves Series

Start your eye rolling now.

It's completely understandable.

When one of my best friends from college and lifelong reading buddy threw The Timber Wolves Series at me, I most definitely rolled my eyes.



I mean, I loved Twilight as much as the next person, but haven't we had enough of the werewolves for a while now???

At this point, I view anything vampire or werewolf related as copycats.

Which is why I continue to avoid True Blood, Vampire Diaries and Teenage Werewolf.

If I'm going to watch barely believable accounts of vampire/werewolf  interactions, you can bet your boot straps it's going to be the original barely believable account of vampire/werewolf interactions.

But, being the amazing sport I am, I promised to at least give it a try.

And, OHMYWORDOHMYWORDOHMYWORD.

To say I loved it would be a slight understatement.

To say that I was OBSESSED with it might come close.

Like saying that Michael Jackson had a thing for plastic surgery.

Now.  Lest you make the same assumption I did, this book is nothing like Twilight.

Scout - the main character is strong, decisive, and (mostly) confident.

I won't pretend that this is a series that Little Man will learn about in American Literature, but as for a gripping read about werewolves.  Um.YES.

As for a gripping read in general with a decent storyline?  Yep.

As for a gripping read with a twisted but amazing romantic storyline?  ABSOLUTELY.

Plus.

Tammy Blackwell, the author, has been kind enough to write At First Sight - a companion book that gives you extra insight into the main characters' backgrounds, thoughts, and opinions.

I warn you, though.

You should not, I repeat NOT read At First Sight until after you have finished the original 3 books. (spoilers, spoilers, and more spoilers)

Additional warning, once you've read At First Sight, you will not be satisfied until you have reread all three original books.

But you won't mind.

I promise.

You know, if you are into that sort of thing.

I think we all know that I am...

UPDATE: Miss Tammy read this post and commented!!!  People, I think I just peed my  pants!!!

1 comment:

Tammy Blackwell said...

Thanks for such an amazing review of the series! And please tell your friend "Thank You!" from me!