Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Helpful How-To: Reverse! Reverse!

I love the Cha-Cha Slide, don't you?

Can anyone tell me why we don't get to do the Cha-Cha Slide any time other than at weddings?

Has anyone else ever wondered why/how their Nanna is so amazing at the Cha-Cha Slide?

Where on earth is she going to practice those moves?

Or LEARN them?

Are they teaching it during rec hour or what???

Anyway, that is totally not what this post is about.

This post is me asking, nay, BEGGING for help.

(Get it?  Reverse?  As in I usually give you advice, but today I'm asking for it...clever, right?)

So.

I have this friend.

And this friend has a 3 year old...

And this 3 year old has been potty trained for well over 6 months now....

And recently he has had some...erm...poopy issues.

Last week we...ahem...my friend experienced her first bout with toddler constipation.

Talk about a crappy situation.

Too far?

Yeah, well, you know me....

Anyway, the issue was quickly resolved, but there have been some lingering issues.

Some dangling participles, if you will.

Said 3 year old is frightened, and I mean TERRIFIED to go poopy.

He doesn't want his "bottom to hurt".

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH

People.  This is what consumes my life.

WHAT HAS BECOME OF ME???

Who am I kidding, here.

This is my life.

This is my kid.

Oh how far we fall....

So, tell me, how do I fix this issue?

Other than adding plenty of juice and fiber to his diet?

As it is right now, he is terrified to go, so he will hold it, which in turn, just starts the vicious cycle all over again.

Now, there aren't many things that take me down or that I don't know how to deal with...

But poop is one of them.

So tell me, WHAT DO I DO?????

I need advice, like YESTERDAY!

Please, please HELP ME!

I need it.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

bribe him :) also keep the fiber rich foods coming! Also maybe try a probiotic!!