Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Recent Reads: Divergent

Remember that time I read round the clock for a week when I discovered The Hunger Games?

It's no secret that I love to read, but since the big move, my reading has been really intermittent and more or less rereading of some old tried and trues.

But over last summer, I got my hands on Divergent by Veronica Roth.


I don't remember where the recommendation came from, but suffice it to say, it was an EXCELLENT recommendation.

The Good:

The story line is solid and quick moving.

I think I read it in 2 days.

And I'm a slow reader.

Much like Hunger Games, this dystopian novel is packed with action, adventure, self-triumph and yes, romance.

The characters are strong, endearing and completely relatable.

I can assure you that if you were a fan of the Hunger Games, you will have no problem falling in love with this series as well.

The Bad:

There's not much I can find to complain about in this series, other than the fact that I have to wait for book 3 to arrive.

But since I'm just this side of scary-stalker-blogger girl (I am totally winning you over, right? You sooooo wanna be my bff, huh???  #wiiiiiiiink), I (thankfully) did your research for you:  

Should you decide to jump on the Divergent bandwagon with me, you will be relieved to know that, as per Ms. Roth's blog, she has finished writing book 3 and is currently editing the "as-yet-untitled third book".

Which, of course, means something to the effect of, we won't have to be left wondering what happened to all our favorite characters like some still-bitter-fans-of-Heroes are.  

And I'm sure, if it's anything like the first 2 books, it will completely blow our minds.  

In case you can't tell, I give this book 2 thumbs up!

2 comments:

BumbersBumblings said...

Really want to try this!

Sarah said...

Seriously? I blogged about this book MONTHS ago???