Friday, June 25, 2010

Somewhere between the heat and PMS…I saw a rainbow.

We are going on 5 days of 90+ degree heat. I function best in the 77-80 degree range. I do not function well at all in 90+ degree heat. It’s miserable.

On top of that, as I mentioned yesterday, Aunt Flo stopped by for a much anticipated visit.

Suffice it to say that I have been a little more on edge than normal this week.

Poor Techy.

I have abused him at his worst this week. Including, but not limited to, a waterworks episode, the likes of which he has NEVER seen. The likes of which we have yet to experience in our marriage. The likes of which we hope to never see again. But hey, isn’t that what marriage is all about? Experiencing new things together?

Oh well.

Yesterday was one of those no good, awful, very bad days. The kind we do not speak of. You might say I was in a funk. I wouldn’t, but you might.

And to top things off, I decided to climb on the Wii Fit last night for the first time in oh, 4 months. (What possesses one to do a body assessment when Aunt Flo is in town, I will never know. Except for the fact that Aunt Flo makes one crazy.)

And after reading that after months of hard work and VISIBLE change, my BMI went up, I was at my wit’s end. I had had enough.

So we went to bed. Me, very unhappy, cranky, miserable, tired, upset, & fat. Techy, very unsure how to respond to my craziness. I think he thinks between the combination of the stress that Aunt Flo adds to my demeanor and the heat, I may combust.

And then something magically simple happened.

My phone rang. It was my Daddy. Just calling to tell me that he was thinking about me.
(FYI. Daddy does this about once every 2 weeks. It isn’t a daily thing by any means.)

Within a minute of hanging up from talking to him, my mom called. “Just because I didn’t talk to you today and I been thinking about you…”

And unbeknownst to me, Techy had texted my mom to tell her how badly I was in need of some encouragement. HOWEVER, she didn’t get the text until after she talked to me.

So on a day when I was in the biggest Eeyore sized gloom ever, I experienced something that I haven’t experienced in quite some time. Something Mom and I lovingly refer to as a “God Thing”. A moment in time, when you know, beyond the shadow of a doubt that God has taken a personal hand to orchestrate something special just for you.

The fact that Daddy called at just the right time to provide some encouragement. Then Mom called at just the right time to provide some encouragement. And Techy, who I had been all upset with all day, still cared enough to provided a little encouragement.

Now, you may think, “Coincidence.” But I think, an extra Big God, took an extra minute of His time – at just the right time – to give me some encouragement.

And all I can think is how little I deserve any of it, let alone His time or His love.

And all I can do is say, “Thanks, God. I needed that.” Doesn’t seem fair does it?

No comments: