Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Another REALLY?!?!? Kind of day....

On an otherwise dismal, still-over-the-top-hot kind of day, I thought you could use a laugh.

Now that I have set you up, hopefully you will find it funny.

Oh how it would crush me if you didn’t think this was as funny as I did.

Oh well, here goes.

Today, while sorting the mail at work, I saw this in a magazine:



The descriptions reads:

“Capable of accommodating a Brobdingnagian, this is the portable chair that elevates your prominence--as well as your physical stature--at any outdoor event. Measuring 5 1/2' tall, the chair is certain to provide stadium seating at any venue, and its 9' sq. seat affords ample room for full-body gesticulations or sharing your prodigious chair with a friend. The lofty seat elevates feet well above the ground, where they're free to dangle and sway instead of merely floundering in dirt or sand. The reinforced powder-coated steel frame and 400-denier rip-stop canvas support up to 400 lbs. The chair has six cup holders and folds to just 8 1/2" wide to allow transport in the included duffel bag.”

Umm, what a relief. I can’t tell you how often I am looking for a chair with ample room for full-body gesticulations. And it’s always nice when your seating is referred to as “prodigious”.

Yep. Made my day.

To top it off, my friend Kait sent me more ridiculous news articles that I know will complete your day.

Twilight Fever sends woman over the edge.

Yes, Virginia, there really is a Donald Duck.

No comments: