Friday, June 11, 2010

Gotta get it off my chest

So, this has been another one of those wretched work weeks where nothing went right (and I can't even type the word right right - I started typing wright) and the email server was down, then the internet server went down, then I worked through lunch to make up time for my doctors appointment and then my doctor called me to reschedule my visit. And that was just ONE day this week! All that being said, it's Friday. I got off work early today. The baby is napping {read talking to himself and putting his feet on the mesh sides of the Pack n Play because it makes him happy}, and I am playing on the computer. And I realize something. I have been gifted with one of the most amazing gifts I could ever ask for - peace.

I know, odd for a week that I spent the majority of my time saying, "SERIOUSLY?!" and "OH NO, NOT AGAIN!?"

But I am talking about something much bigger than you or me or my bad week or the fact that someone, somewhere has hurt feelings because her friends leave her out, or the fact that the Bachelorette kicked off one guy this week without even going on a date with him (did anyone else notice that? I mean, really? Like, he just came all the way out there to sit in the house for 2 weeks until you decided you didn't want to go on a date with him? but I digress....)

I am talking about how funny life is. 9 years ago, I was in the middle of one of the worst relationships ever. I was crazy in love with the completely wrong person for me. COMPLETELY wrong. And he broke my heart.

I hated him for a long, long time afterwards. I opted for maturity and wrote him a hate letter about 6 months after. A vicious, "I know all your secrets and I can slander you to the world" kind of letter. I tend to think it was all apart of the healing process, but man, did I hate him.

But time moves on.

And I met Techy, had alot in common with The Ex, but was oh so different. It was because I dated The Ex, that I had more in common with Techy. I understood what he was saying when he complained about his classes and his teachers and COBOL. (The Ex was a techno geek too, with lily white skin and a penchant for all things non-athletic)

It's been almost 9 years since The Ex broke my heart, and looking back, I am so thankful. I don't hate him at all anymore.

Thanks to the world of Facebook, I know that he has a beautiful family and a pretty decent life. And thanks to the Good Lord above, I have a the best hubby ever and the most gorgeous baby boy of all time.

And I am so thankful that he broke up with me. Look what I could have missed out on...





Sorry, guys, I just needed to get that off my chest....

No comments: