Friday, June 18, 2010

For the first time

Do you have secrets?

We do…. LOL, it’s not what you think. I promise. But we do have secrets. To be honest, I think good secrets are pivotal to any marriage. Things that just the 2 of you share. Little inside jokes, a look, a word. It’s called intimacy, people. And I am not talking about the Nasty.

I am talking about good, ole fashioned, just between-you-n-me type stuff.

Our biggest secret to date happened about a year ago.

The day I told Techy that he was going to be a Dad.

Man, oh man. That was a fun {read: terrifying, hilarious, scary, delightful, and all other synonyms/antonyms you can come up with}day.

And for us, it wasn’t a just-between-us situation because I had to call my sister to make sure that that 2nd light pink line really did mean something.

But still, it was our secret that just the 3 (or 4) of us knew about.

And to think, Techy has been a Dad for more almost 6 months is incredible. This strange, techno-geek that I married has transformed over the last few months. And he is a great dad. He entertains Little Man like crazy. I can already tell that this is going to play out to be a Daddy-Connor vs. Mommy thing. You should see this kid’s face when Techy walks in the room. It usually looks something like this….


(By the way, this is what happens when Techy walks up while I am taking a picture. Notice the kid isn't even looking at me anymore....)

This morning, as I was getting out of the shower, I saw Techy sneek into Little Man’s room and run out with the little guy wrapped in his arms. Apparently, it’s become something of a morning routine now – Techy will go get the little guy, and keep him occupied with all things technology (iPads, cell phones, etc.) until I finish getting ready. And I would venture to say that it is Techy’s favorite part of the morning.

All that to say, I don’t know what I was so worried about all that time ago when I was worried about having a baby with this man…. He is an amazing Father.

So, here’s to you, Techy! I love you so much! Happy Father’s Day to one of the most amazing husbands and fathers that I know!

No comments: