Saturday, June 5, 2010

And The Frustration Sets In....

As most of you know, I have been working on losing some of this baby weight for like 10 weeks now. To date, I have gained about 8 lbs. Taking me from 172 to 180.

No, I have not increased my eating. I have, in fact, cut it almost in half. I quit nursing. I upped my exercise. And I've seen no results.

People, I am in a very bad place.

How on earth do I not feel completely frustrated when I am doing everything in my power to get this weight off and every week when I step on the scale it goes nowhere.

I guess the good news is that my heart is getting in better shape.... But am I destined to be trapped in this larger body forever? Am I destined to fight the same battle my mother has fought every day of her life? Some say that weight issues are not genetic. Some say they are physical - purely physical. Some say mental. I say, if genetics aren't involved then I have some serious physical and mental issues to deal with.

Ha.ha. Don't go there. Not today.

So, on a day when I am asking myself, "Is it really worth it? If what I am doing is not helping me to lose weight, then why am I doing it?" On a day when I am looking at all of my friends and seeing them get back to their pre-pregnancy selves with ease and saying, "why do I keep going...." I needed this email today:

"So, whether you like it or not, I'm choosing you as my motivation to lose weight...you are my wonder woman, you work full time, are a full time mom (whether you work or not, a mom is full time) and find the time to work out at least once a day..."

To my friend who offered that little motivation to me, THANK YOU! You don't know how badly I needed that today. And for the record, she has an 8 week old and a 2 year old on her hands, AND she is already ready to get on the weight loss band wagon.... SHE is my hero!

No comments: