Thursday, June 24, 2010

Friendly reminder

Have I mentioned how much I love decorating and redecorating and redesigning and shtuff?

I think most of you have been to my home and therefore know that 90% of my home décor is made up of bargain finds and or craigslist items.

Now, I am not saying my house is the height of fashion. It certainly isn’t. I have made a few faulty compromises in my home, but all in all, I like my house. I like the feel of it. I like the flow of it. I love the fact that we don’t live on the main floor so most of the clutter {read: piles of crap} is hidden from visitor’s view.

And my dear friends, I have painted about 80% of my house by myself. (Including about 7 coats of red paint in my breakfast nook. Man was that a job!)

All that to say, I love decorating and I love color. Oh, and I love Craigslist!

Some of my most amazing finds have come from Craiglist.

Like this $40 armoire that fit the bill perfectly.


And this $60 baby crib.

(Yes, it does meet all safety requirements, and yes, it is totally convertable.)

And a $30 kitchen table and chair set that goes perfectly in my breakfast nook - that somehow I don't have a picture of. I am so remiss

I could go on and on.

But yesterday, I found the best deal ever.

And it wasn’t even for me.

Yesterday I found this!



And guess how much they are asking for this vintage set?!

$100

Oh.my.gosh.

And this screamed one of my friends names at me. SCREAMED. Like hearing voices in my head. Scary, yes. But good for her.

So, like any good friend, I emailed her.

ME: “Why does this remind me of you?”

HER: “MAYBE 'CAUSE IT'S AWESOME”

Conclusion, she and her fiancé are picking it up today.

See, it pays to be my friend. I spread good deals around.

No comments: