Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Great Granny Panty Debate

Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeah...

So, it's been a few months since I started on my little weight loss journey.

And let's just say that most of my unmentionables are becoming regular topics of conversation.

As in, why are my panties hanging down to my knees?


It's gotten pretty embarrassing of late.

Especially that day I tried to wear a mini skirt to turn my hubs on, and then realized that my granny panties were hanging out of them...on both ends....

Um, yeah.  Momma needs some new underpaints, as my Nanny Charlotte would say.

And since it's MHO day, I figured I would give you the low down on my opinion related to the lower-downs, aka. the droppin drawers, aka. skivvy's, aka. bloomers....

Although, I think that's enough southern references for underwear, even for me.

And sadly, a few things are affecting my panty pickings these days that petrify me.

I mean, seriously, who knew that wicking would be pivotal in your underwear of choice?

But alas, there was this toddler who sat on my bladder for 9 months, thus rendering my already weak bladder decimated to the onslaught of post-baby-diet-water-drinking. 

And let's not even go into the running-sweat-wicking-issues. 

Because then you get into a hot mess issue that just ain't pretty.

But yeah, I never realized that my booty covering decisions would be dominated by my desire for dryness.

And let's just face the facts that this does not wick well.


And also, it chafes while running.

Making it completely not optional.

However, I don't think I have lost enough self pride to go this route either....


Of course, considering the current situation of my droopy drawers, this might just be an improvement!

And although my goal would be full coverage, I would also be looking for other important qualities....

Like shaping abilities.

And magical melting off pounds abilities.

And comfort.

And pretty.

And cheap.

Note: It is at this point that I should warn you to NEVER, EVER, EVER type bikini underwear into Google images and hit enter.  It will only take seconds before you want to claw your eyes out.

For the record, my all time favorite panty has been discontinued.  VS's Angel wide-side bikini. 

I am tearful and sad.

And still on the hunt.

For the perfect pair of pantaloons.

And with that, I concede defeat and have to go wash my eyeballs out.

I am sincerely afraid that these images will never go away.

Ever.

P.S.  I think I may have just found the solution for my problem....  VS's Smooth Hiphugger....


They appear to be very reminiscent of my old faves, but they look like they could wedge a bit....
Anyone tried these?  Comments are welcome!

5 comments:

Rachel said...

I've tried a pair of the Smooth H - comfy but do result in the dreaded panty line. Solution= VS lace thongs, no chafing during running! :)

Carrie said...

Gap body! cotton! LOVE them!!!

Lauren said...

I tend to buy the cheap packs of 5 in the local wal-mart. You know the ones... with the coordinating colors and scalloped elastic edges.

Cortney said...

II gave up on things a long time ago and I am also in the granny panty phase. Thee hold me in and don't slide up my butt giving my a wedgie, so I'll stick with them for now. I don't think my husband cares what I have on underneath as long as it's not a chastity belt.

Sarah said...

This is a subject very near and dear to my heart. And my butt.

I have been on the search for the perfect, cute, non-wedgieing panties for the longest time. And i did find them. Ultimate boybriefs from Aerie. Then, because the god of panties hates me, Aerie changed their style, and the new ones are WEDGIES GALORE.

Back to the drawing board...