Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Am I Crazy???

It's been a while since this little guy ...


Took up residence in here...

And way back in those days, I actually remember wondering what he would look like. 

Would he look like this?


Or like this?


Like this crazy Pop-pop


Or this one....


And then he showed up looking like this...


And they brought me this....

And I had a panic attack that they had brought me the wrong child.

Because other than the patch of auburn hair, he looked nothing like either of us.


And then he got a little older, and I thought, well, maybe....


But then he lost all his hair, and sprouted a patch of blond, the likes of which I have never seen.


And it continued to become more and more blond...  (is it blonde?  or blond?  blondER or MORE blond?..)



And now, I have the most adorable little boy I have ever laid eyes on. 


But part of me still wonders if they gave me the wrong child in the hospital.

Because he really doesn't look a thing like either of us.

Anyone else see something I don't?


Good luck getting him away from me though.


Cause this kid seriously has a hold on my heart. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Seriously?? He is a total mix of the two of you! He has your eyes and I can see Charlie in the bottom half of his face...does that make sense? No? Well, I see it....

Sarah said...

Leah - you need to label this post differently...in the "Totally Nuts; I Need to Be Committed" column. Connor is the spitting image of Charlie & his Dad & his Mom. Save the money on the DNA test. Hannah's the one who is going to need it. Lol!