Friday, February 4, 2011

Weight Update #16

It's that time again.

And there's no way to dress it up.

I gained this week.

A disappointment for sure...


But on the upside, look at those pretty toes.

Oh wait, apparently I took the picture in the dark. 

So much for prissing up my feet.

Back to the topic at hand...my weight....

I gained. 

Sure it was only .2 since last week's weigh in.

But I wanted to see a 1-3-SOMETHING so bad.

However, (back to the upside) my Aunt Flo is supposed to be coming to visit this week, and she always works miracles on my weightloss woes.

Or at least that's what I am hoping.

Now I realize that I am thisclose to my pre-preggers weight and even closer to my goal so it's naturally going to be harder.

So let's talk plateau, people....

Because I have it on good authority that I am not the only one sitting on top of one right now.

More specifically, what do you do when you hit one?

Because I think it's really easy to get frustrated and quit.

But I am here to say, DON'T DO THAT!!!!


Um, first of all, I just read this AMAZING blog post where I borrowed that AMAZING pic from....

The dieter (retired, although he may be) has all kinds of high asperations of breaking through the barrier that is the weight loss plateau.  Cutting back in calories, eating less on weekends, intensifying workouts, etc.

But look at the update.  PLEASE READ THE UPDATE!!!

His plateau lasted 2 MONTHS (mine have usually lasted less - around 2-3 weeks)

And in the end he kinda reverses his theory and says it worked best for him to stick with what had been working for him.

The idea is that you are living a healthy lifestyle and the "plateau" means your body is catching up to your lifestyle. 

It doesn't mean you can't continue to get stronger during the plateau. 

It doesn't mean you should give up and quit. 

It means you are living healthier now than you were before.

And your body is adjusting.

And weight loss will probably resume in the very near future.

So keep living that way.

Even if the number on the scale doesn't seem worth all the work right now.

Because you'll never get to numbers you like if you quit now.

Or at least that's what I am telling myself....

1 comment:

Kait said...

love the advise in this! and i HATE the number 141. forever. hahaha!