Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Who's Hungry

For the record, it's the end/beginning of another month and my cupboards are bare.

So this topic is more than appropriate for me.

I'm not just hungry...I'm RAVENOUS!

Wait a sec'....

Ok, back. 

Had to take a break for snack time. 

And to make a pot of coffee....

I am blaming it on that Dorito's commercial that is on a loop in the back of my mind.

So, I am going to take a minute and talk about food.

And food choices.

And how it impacts your diet.

And when I say diet, I mean, your method of eating healthy, not to be confused with your lack of eating.

Before I got preggers, I followed WW to a T.

But not a healthy T....

I forewent all my fruits and grains for processed foods with lower calories.

And I ate more of them.

Because I could.

I am not touting that notion these days.

(Unless, of course, it is the end of the month and the only foods left in my cupboards are those loaded with high fructose corn syrup)

Here are some things that I LIVED by in my previous life....






Not that I have totally sworn off any of these products, by any means.

I would still eat one on occasion, but I have discovered that I don't have to eat as much when I eat better. (Thank you, very much, Jillian....)

Things like this...






For the record, eating these things won't keep you from day dreaming about things like this...






But when it makes you go from this:


To this:


You'll be ok with it. 

I promise.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Like my "wise" choice for lunch today...cfa sand and fries. I was tired/cranky I only ate a few fries though :) You look great btw!!

kait said...

great. now i want cake hahah!

and you do look great! (and you'd probably look even better if you brought me some cake...i really think! hehehe!)

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Yep, there's a big difference when our bodies are processing healthy-fuel foods or junk. And I think it is a crime that, in America, we can afford to fill our cupboards with junk, but not the healthy stuff. :(

Thanks for entering the CSN giveaway. Be sure to keep checking back. There are more giveaways in the days ahead.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/