Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Weekending in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Braves

Some of you may have seen my Facebook status this weekend saying precisely what the title of this post is.  It didn't go over well. 

All my Philly friends saw was "Braves" and apparently with the Phillies craving another World Series title, no one could get past the Braves to recognize my sheer wittiness. 

Come on, people. 

Land of the free, and the home of the BRAVES? 

Meaning, basically that we spent our weekend in Atlanta, GA.  Or just outside of Atlanta, GA. 

And what a weekend it was. 

To recap the trip in a nutshell, it was CRAZY. 

But you know I hate to put anything in a nutshell.  SO.FEW.DETAILS.

We headed out Friday night.  Lucky for me, I had off on Friday afternoon, so we got an early start - we made great time.  Our flight was set to leave at 7:30 and arrive in ATL at 9:40. 

And then Techy got this crazy notion* that we could jump aboard the 5:30 flight.

We skidded to a stop at the ticket counter at precisedly 4:59 pm.  1 minute shy of the cutoff time for checking bags. 

That's right, we checked a bag. 

Something we never would have done pre-baby.

Luckily, there were plenty-o-seats available on said flight and the bumped us in, printed off tickets, and checked our bag, leaving us about 20 minutes to get to the gate. 

And then we hit security. 

Where we realize the ticket they printed for the baby was for the later flight - not the early flight.  Oh goody. 

Lucky for us, security said that any ticket was better than no ticket and we proceeded to wait in line for the body scan.  Which felt like a small eternity.

And when we made it out of security, we had 10 minutes to get to our flight before takeoff.

Lucky for us, Philly is a small airport.

It was a photo finish! 

We ran into the gate - like a sick movie ending - the last people on the flight.

Note:  Do you know what it's like to run through an airport with a bag over your shoulder while pushing a baby laden stroller/carseat combo?  If not, let me tell you, you haven't LIVED. 

And plopped ourselves into our seats with a sigh of relief. 

And then Little Man decided he wanted to talk in high pitched tones the entire flight. 

He just found his high vocal range.

Oh, and he wanted to steal our neighbor's headphones.


But we made it. 

Our flight landed at 7:25.  5 minutes before our original flight would have even landed.

And that's all you get for now.

Stay tuned for all the other parts to the saga of our trip to Brave-land.

*Leave it to a man to think that running through an airport with a baby and carry-on bags would be a cinch.

No comments: