Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Despite the rollbacks, the $1 Section is G-O-N-E

It's me again!

Your handy dandy, money saving diva, a.k.a. fanatic.

I don't know about you, but one of my FAVORITE stores ever is Wal-Mart.  I mean, seriously, who doesn't love a good deal!?

And that one stop shopping is sooooo amazing.  (My friend Sherry, says she tries NOT to go to Wal-Mart because she always ends up buying things she doesn't need....  Incredulousity!) (yes, I know it isn't a word....  Blogging causes normal people to become creative with their vocabularies, so don't mind me....)

And can we just talk about the Rollbacks?


AAAAAAAAAAnyhoo,

I live about 35.2 feet from Wal-Mart (actually about 1/2 mile, but you get the idea...)

And I frequent the store like no one else.  At least 3-4 trips a week.  The ladies in Lawn and Garden and I are practically on a first name basis. 

One of my all time favorite things about Wal-Mart has always been it's craft supplies section.

This former Home Economics major would never have survived Sewing 101 without Wal-Mart's fabric section and discount rack.


Unfortunately, my Wal-Mart, like most Wal-Marts nationwide have done away with their fabric department, opting instead for pre-cut fabrics that are sold at a pretty high markup from their previous selection. 

I can understand it.  Businesswise, I am sure Wal-Mart's fabric center was costing them more money than it was making, but oh, how I miss it. 

Oh, how I miss my $1 rack of discount fabrics!

And I despise driving all the way to Joann's for fabric.

However, I do LOVE Joann's 40% off coupons. 

And their home decor fabrics!  Waverly, I love you!  In every shape, size, print and color you come in! 

Now, if we could just talk Joann's into having a $1/$2 discount rack, we'd be talking. 

For now, and for as long as I can keep myself away from the home decorator's fabric outlet, I will be fabric shopping at Joann's and keeping my fingers crossed for a good deal.....

No comments: