Monday, September 27, 2010

A Shower from the South

What a whirlwind of a weekend.  I am completely exhausted.

This weekend we travelled home for my sister's baby shower.

Yes, baby #3 got a shower, cause that's just how we Southern women roll.

I promise to post pics later from the shower, however, my wireless card that I am using while Techy drives down the interstate just freaked out at me when I even thought about it, so if you are interested in the pics, check back this afternoon.

I can't tell you how much fun I had or how much cake I ate.  (Pretty sure I may have gained back a few poundages...so much for that strict regimen I am on....)

I will tell you that I got the opportunity to catch up with family and friends who I haven't seen in ages, but who, despite the time and distance are still among the closest friends I have.


Little Man went to the shower with us and won over hearts, faster than any Bachelor ever could, just by batting those baby blues.

Have I mentioned my child is a flirt?  Be on your guard around this kid!  He is trickery incarnate. The sheer cuteness he spouts off makes newlyweds crave babies faster than Joe Jonas ditched his purity ring in the face of Ashley Greene.  Just sayin'....

We followed the shower with a couple photo sessions, I promise to post those pics as soon as Techy finishes editting them.  What I can tell you is that they are looking pretty awesome, even pre-edit.  I don't think that I have mentioned the fact that Techy is working on taking this photography hobby to the next level.  He's shooting backup at a wedding next weekend, and he has already scheduled several family shoots for the month of October.  To really put the pressure on him, my cousin asked him to shoot his wedding next summer, and I am thinking that as long as it doesn't go as badly as Sanjaya's American Idol performances, we should be fine.

There was plenty more that went into this weekend of fun, happy, exhaustion, including lots more cake, but I dare not post it all for fear that you will be on the hunt for the nearest bakery faster than Jeff Gordon rolls into pit lane.  Really, I am just looking out for your own good.  And your waist line, since I obviously didn't do much for mine this weekend.

And since I am talking about it, for those of you who are keeping up with my diet/exercise regimen, I was a total bust this weekend.  Haven't worked out since Thursday night.  Total.failure.  But, in my defense, there really was no time, and really I was on my feet ALL DAY on Saturday, so I probably burned twice as many calories as I do on a normal weekday when I sit for 8 hours straight.  But don't worry, I plan to hit the elliptical tonight and try to squeeze in 30 Day Shred at some point.  Should be interesting.

Until later...when I post those much anticipated pictures...

No comments: