Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random Thoughts for my Friday

My thoughts are really scattered today.  And yes, I realize today is helpful how-to day, and I promise to get to it but first, let's talk about my random thoughts.

First of all, last night, I washed my second LG Chocolate II last night. Yes, you read that right.  My second one.  The first one died the same death...in my washing machine.  I assume it was a slow and painful death, since when I pulled it out, soaking wet, it was still fighting for its last breaths with every twitch and wink that poor little phone could send out.  Luckily for me, Techy has lost more phones to water deaths than anyone can even think of, so I didn't get yelled at.  And lucky for me, Techy keeps a backup phone in the crap pile on his side of the dresser on his side table for just such an occasion as this.  And lucky for me, I got this email in my inbox yesterday.


Apparently, we've earned a new phone. 
And yesterday morning I deleted the email, thinking I wouldn't need it.  Oh, silly me....
Lucky for me, (you know, as if I haven't already said that too many times in this post) I have Gmail,
(I am so thankful for Gmail...if you don't have it, you should rethink your inbox of choice.  Really.  Right now.) so I could look it up and forward it on to dear old Techy....

Secondly, I got the most amazing card in the mail today.  For those of you who don't know, I have had a rough couple of weeks.  Exhausting, stressful, get-nothing-done weeks.
And then I got this card.

Have you heard of the Edge of Motherhood cards by Hallmark?  If you know a mommy, she deserves one of these cards.  My personal favorite one says something like "Behind every great kid is a mom who thinks she is screwing it up".  Oh my gosh.  So adorable! 

All that to say that my good buddy who sent me my card, could not have picked a better time to send it.

Dear Good Buddy, I love you and pray for YOU often!

Thirdly, I got this text from my Bestie this morning, "I'm free till Monday, We need to hang!"  And as luck would have it, I am going to be in Virginia until Monday.  When I texted her back to see if they wanted to get together Monday night, she said, "only free till 2:30 on Monday". 

Fourthly, Did I mention that my kiddo woke up in the middle of the night with a stuffy/runny nose (can anyone explain how a STUFFY nose can RUN?) and ended up deciding he wanted to play.  At the same time, Techy woke up with an ingrown toenail pain that was shooting up his leg...(There IS no explanation for that...just Techy being Techy....)  That being said, I was awake for about 2 hours in the middle of the night for no good reason.... 

Fifthly, I got an email from one of my favorite bloggers yesterday, Megan at Honey We're Home, who had read my blog and commented on what a cute kiddo I had.  Megan is all over the blogosphere right now.  And SHE read my blog.  And thinks Little Man is a cutie (I mean, seriously, who could deny it, right?)!  So yeah, a little psyched about that development.  Can I just say, she knows a little bit about cute boys, too, considering she has her own version of Little Man working on crawling around her house....  Yep, so...popular bloggers reading my blog....  It's a high.  Really, a high.  (Almost as big a high as it was to be featured over at Brambleberry by another of my faves, Liz, who is desperately trying to get herself ready for an antique show.)  Now, Techy, let's talk about whipping this page into some decent shape.  I mean, really, no professional blogger is going to even blink at me with this plain old blogger template.

Finally, I took a minute to read The Crazy Suburban Mom's blog yesterday.  People, she is freaking hysterical.  Oh, to have her sense of humor.  And writing style.  But alas, I am just a rambling, discount finding, baby-momma,  writing blabbing with no real purpose at all.

P.S. Don't be concerned, I do know that it isn't Friday today.  However, it is MY Friday, and that's all that really matters to me!

No comments: