Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Helpful-How-To: How to divert your eye doctor from SEEING too much

Wanna know a funny little secret about me?

I DESPISE going to the eye doctor.


As in, more than I hate the dentist.

I know.

Strange.

I chalk it up to how long I've been going and how blind I am.

Another funny little fact: I waited for a full 2 years before seeing an eye doctor after first moving to Delaware.

I know.

So terrible.

I just hate it that much!

Nevermind the fact that I could no longer see out of my contacts at the time.

Had it not been for a naggy-naggy husband, I would have waited at least that long before going back again.

But I did go back.

When I was pregnant.

And got yelled at.

By a doctor who apparently cares about eyes.

This year, I was determined that nonsense was not going to happen again.

It has been over a year since my last visit, so I walked into my doctor's office with my game face on.

Fully prepped, I played the part of a good student.

I said all the right things.

I asked all the right questions.

I laughed at the optometric jokes that I didn't get.

I acted supremely interested when he gave me a list of "contact friendly" make-ups - even actually reading through a time or two.

I talked in great detail about how my eyes were affected by my pregnancy.

I almost fell out of my chair when he showed me the pictures of the back of my eyes - which by the way, are extremely healthy.

I asked about how/if my hypothyroidism could affect my vision.

I even let him ramble on about eyes, just like I would let Techy ramble on about technology. 
(There are some people who just love what they do, and the only thing they love more than their jobs is TALKING about their jobs.)

I may have even batted the baby blues a time or two.

And you know what?
 
I did NOT in any way get reprimanded about my failure to be punctual with my visit.
 
I also did not get dialated....
 
So yeah.
 
I guess I will continue to employ these methods until further notice.
 
Lookout dentist - you are next!
 
Sorry peeps!  I'm off to go brush up my knowledge on bicuspid health over the long term....

No comments: