Monday, March 28, 2011

Off Target

Man, am I feeling good today.

Cranky, but very, very good.

It could have something to do with the fact that after what finally felt like an eternity of cravings this weekend, I finally came in contact with this stuff....


But I'm guessing it has more to do with this....



For those of you who may be new to my blog or may not understand what you are looking at, THAT is an 8 mile run.

E-I-G-H-T!!!!

Something that up until a few months ago, I thought was completely impossible for me.

And it was easy.

Blissfully easy.

Not painless. 

But easy.

We didn't push for amazing speed. 

We ran for fun.

And distance.

And managed a personal best for as far as distance for me.

And it was awesome.

Right on target for my half marathon challenge next weekend....

When I plan to run 13.1 in 3 days by breaking up the distance into a 4.1 mile run and a 9 mile run.

So now, how many of you are scratching your heads in confusion at the title of my post?

OFF Target?

Well, last week, my friend Cindi posted about her New Year's Resolution to run 500 miles this year.

And suddenly, I was like - "Woah!  That's only 10 miles a week! I could so do that!"

And as far as I know, there's no rule about only making resolutions at New Year's.

But even if there were....




HELLO????

So I started checking up on myself.

According to Dailymile, this is where I'm at...


104 miles, with March ending this week.

Leaving me sitting about 21 miles below target for the 1st Quarter.

Which would be a little off target for a 500 mile average.

Now, realistically, if I am going to working on baby numero dos, this year, a 500 mile goal might be a little adventurous anyway.

But there's no hurt on shooting for a goal, right?

And there aren't any rules about it...although, need I remind you???


Yeah...

Didn't think so.

2 comments:

emily said...

Great job on the run! So cool to look back and think "man I wanted to die running 3mi just a few months ago and now I am still alive and running 8"

CJ said...

So, are you telling the world you are joining me on my crazy 500 mile goal this year? YEA!!! Welcome to the club!!