Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sand in my Boots

You may have noticed in yesterday's running post, that I didn't do that run in my back yard or at my local park.

Unless my local park has a board walk....

Which it doesn't.

Yet.

So yeah.

We weren't home this weekend.

Techy and a couple of his buddies managed to search out one weekend when they were all off at the same time and work out a little beach retreat.

I have been operating under the assumption that it was actually a  little early birthday celebration.

For moi.

Nevermind the fact that it was the only weekend that all the boys had off at the same time for weeks to come.

Because we all know my birthday is more important than boy bonding time....

Either way, we went to the beach.


Things we learned on this trip?



My kid likes to walk/run/stand on the beach.

Alot.

Also, he has already learned how to gawk at the girls on the beach.

Let's all just be thankful he still has his shirt on and his isn't showing off is spray tan or six pack abs, yet.

It was a New Jersey beach, after all....

However, the whole running/standing/walking on the beach thing could change at a moment's notice...

If he has the opportunity to swipe a shovel or a bucket from one of the girls.




(Swiping a bucket...)

(Swiping a shovel...)

(Sweet Victory!)

And then sitting in the sand was just fine.

Also:

Apparently, boy bonding time starts at a very young age.


Like 15 months.

And don't even get me started on girl gossip....


Pretty sure I heard the work, "Guido" at least once.

That was when I broke things up as quickly as possible.

Another thing to be noted is the fact that cranky toddlers are like rotten apples...it only takes one to ruin the whole lot.

Although, no one knows for sure who the "one" was since they were all cranky....

And....

Did you know, there happens to be a distinct difference in the way that boys approach sand versus how girls approach sand?


Boys build.

And dig.

And generally throw sand around.

ALOT.

Girls play in it.

They push it in the bucket.

They push it out of the bucket.

Or they sit on mommy's lap while mommy pushes the sand in the bucket.....


Of course, while I was too silly to bring a coat out on the beach with me, I did remember my boots.

Which is a step up from these crazies...



Who braved the weather and bore (bare?  bared?  bored?...who knows!?!?!) their toes....

But don't even get me started on the food....


The crazy delicious food....

I am pretty sure there is something in the air at the beach that makes all food takes better.

And low fat.

Or at least worth eating.

But at the end of the day, none of that changes the fact that after lots and lots of shaking, there is STILL sand in my boots.

No comments: